What young carers told us
- Young carers and young adult carer told us how their mental health is affected by the pressures of their caring role.
- All too often the mental health support they needed just wasn’t there.
- And even when support was available, their situation was often made worse by people or professionals who didn’t understand the specific difficulties and challenges faced by young people as a result of their caring role.
The message from these young carers to people in a position to make a difference is simple:
What we want to come out of the campaign
- We want better public awareness the mental health support needs of young carers.
- We want the public and people who can make a difference - like politicians, commissioners and service providers - to pledge action to help young carers maintain good mental health.
How to get involved with #CareForMeToo
Check out #CareForMeToo for more information and resources to help you get involved, including our resource pack for young carers services.
For more information, please email Carers Trust Scotland.