Materials to use in schools to help raise awareness of Young Carers Awareness Day 2019
- Raising Awareness of Young Carers, Ideas for activities and lessons (PDF 581KB)
- #CareForMeToo, Ideas for activities and lessons (PDF 270KB)
- Young carers, Who are they, What do they do? (PDF 381KB)
- Be an Agony Aunt for a Young Carer (PDF 75KB)
- The Young Carer Quiz (PDF 89KB)
- Young Carer Case Studies (PDF 81KB)
- What you can do to mark Young Carers Awareness Day in your school (PDF 52KB)
Materials to help promote Young Carers Awareness Day 2019 and to encourage people to get involved
- How to Get involved with Young Carers Awareness Day (PDF 100KB)
- General #CareForMeToo A4 poster (PDF 65KB)
- General #CareForMeToo A3 poster (PDF 768KB)
- Young Carers Awareness Day 2019 general poster (PDF 76KB)
Young Carers Awareness Day
Each year Carers Trust organises Young Carers Awareness Day.
The purpose of the day is to raise public awareness of the challenges faced by young people because of their caring role, and to campaign for greater support for young carers and their needs.
Find out more about Young Carers Awareness Day 2019.
Carers Trust's #CareForMeToo campaign
Being a young carer is a risk factor for the mental health of children and young people. #CareForMeToo is a new Carers Trust campaign that aims to raise awareness about mental health and improve support for young carers.
Find out more about our #CareForMeToo campaign.