Working for Carers is a London-wide project that supports unpaid carers, aged 25 or over, to move closer to employment. The project is led by Carers Trust and delivered by its network of 24 partners across London. Working for Carers is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund.
Monday, 11 June
- Open Day was held for businesses and community organisations at Harrow Carers.
- Workshops on positive thinking and health and wellbeing were held at St John’s Church, Stratford – for carers registered with the Working for Carers project.
Tuesday, 12 June
- Working for Carers stall held at Barnsbury Job Centre.
Wednesday, 13 June
- Carers recognition day for carers registered with Camden Carers Service with a three course lunch and drama put on by local carers.
- Working for Carers activities at the Harrow Carers Carers Day at Niland Centre in Bushy.
- Redbridge Carers Support Service event for carers at City Gate Church in Ilford including a number of stalls and services available to help carers and a tai chi workshop in the morning.
- Working for Carers stand at Newham Carers Network event at St Johns Church, Stratford.
- Working for Carers stall at Community House in Bromley (afternoon event).
Thursday, 14 June
- Working for Carers stall at Westminster Carers Network’s marketplace event at the Stowe Centre, Paddington.
- Working for Carers stall at Richmond Carers marketplace stall.
- Working for Carers workshop on CV and interview skills at Waltham Forest Carers First.
- Working for Carers stand at Age UK Hounslow.
- Carers Week Job Club at Hillingdon Carers Centre.
Friday, 15 June
- Carnival Capers fun event for carers at Camden Carers Centre.
See further information about Carers Week events.
Find out more about Working for Carers.
Next update due: July 2019