At the end of June 2019, 739 carers had registered with the project. The registered carers are from all 33 London boroughs:
- 146 carers have gained employment and 84 have started an education or training course.
- 47% have been supported to apply for jobs, and 74 are now job-searching independently.
- 448 have attended Working for Carers workshops or external training while supported by the project.
- 118 participants have had volunteering opportunities.
- 122 have been referred to other specialist support, and 410 have proactively looked after their health and wellbeing.
- 462 have shown improvements against their tailored action plans.
- 418 have reported increased confidence, and 383 said they had gained new skills and experiences.
Stories from carers who've been supported by Working for Carers
Hear from carers who've been supported back into training, work and voluntary work by Working for Carers.
Find out more about the difference the programme is making in our Working for Carers Progress Report September 2018.
Carers Trust was awarded a total of £2m for Working for Carers. Working for Carers is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. The funding is for three years: 1 October 2016 to 30 September 2019.