Our culture and values
Read about our culture and values at Carers Trust - how we work together as a staff team and monitor the diversity of our workforce.
Our TRUSTED values
Carers Trust's TRUSTED values were developed in consultation with Carers Trust staff, in 2012 and reflect how we try to work together as a staff team.
We continuously work on embedding the values in our culture and our practice.
As TRUSTED Carers Trust staff, we are:
- Team Workers – supporting each other toward a common goal.
- Responsive – putting ourselves in others' shoes and responding to their needs.
- United – working as one organisation meeting challenges together.
- Supportive – enabling one another to do a great job.
- Transparent – being honest and open with one another.
- Enterprising – being bold, pro-active and evolving.
- Diverse – understanding and celebrating the different things we each bring to Carers Trust.
Equal opportunities and diversity
Carers Trust strives to be an equal opportunities employer and regularly monitors the diversity of its workforce.
Our recent survey showed that, when compared with national population statistics the following groups were under-represented within our workforce:
- Disabled people
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people
We therefore particularly welcome applications from these groups. We are a Disability Confident Employer and will give disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
In order to have accurate information about our performance in terms of the equality and diversity of our recruitment practice, applicants are asked to complete an equal opportunities form when applying for jobs at Carers Trust.
This information is separated from candidates application forms upon receipt. It is not part of the application and will not be used in any part of the selection process. Carers Trust has a clear policy in terms of challenging discriminatory practices.
We have run Equality and Diversity in Recruitment workshops for recruiting managers and all staff and new starters have or are undertaking online training in equality and diversity awareness.
Carers Trust continues to monitor where we advertise in order to increase our audience reach within diverse communities.