Our London Marathon runners
First across the finishing line was Andy Thompson – running for us as part of our partnership with The Quilter Foundation. Andy finished in 3 hours, 48 minutes and 51 seconds and raised £18,123.
He was soon followed by our other runners:
- Clare Sage who finished in 4 hours, 51 minutes and 32 seconds and raised £2,571.
- And our three runners running as part of our partnership with the Rank Group Plc:
- Craig O’Neill from Mecca Telford –finished in 4 hours, 13 minutes 10 seconds and raised £1,852.
- Lucy Coy from Mecca Burton – finished in 6 hours, 17 minutes and 13 seconds and raised £1,133.
- Terry Connelly from Mecca Brierly Hill –finished in 5 hours, 55 minutes and 41 seconds and raised £1,729.
And a special mention for John Fox, who put in seven months of hard training so that he could run for us but was really disappointed to have to pull out with a few days to go because of a damaged calf. He has deferred his place to next year. John has raised £1,661 and is determined to also run a marathon this year to honour his supporters and Carers Trust.
How our London Marathon runners are making a difference for carers
- Funds raised by our runners from the Rank Group Plc will be used specifically to support Rank Cares individual grants for carers. These grants enable carers to buy essential items they need to help them manage their caring role or support them to have a much-needed break.
- Funds raised by Andy Thompson will contribute to the Quilter Foundation campaign, supporting young carers into positive adulthood.
- While the money raised by our other inspiring runners will be funding our range of support services for carers.
It’s not too late to help support our marathon runners, just check out their JustGiving pages and get involved now !
The 2020 London Marathon
If you feel inspired to take part in a challenge for Carers Trust, please get in touch with our Fundraising team. You could sign up for the 2020 London Marathon, or if you don’t fancy a marathon we currently have places for Prudential Ride 100 and several other challenges. Find out more and get in touch with our Fundraising team.