Working for Carers
Working for Carers is a London-wide project that supports unpaid carers, aged 25 or over, to move closer to employment. The project is led by Carers Trust and delivered by its network of 24 partners across London. Working for Carers is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
What is Working for Carers?
Working for Carers aims to:
- Support carers to pursue their employment goals through confidence building and skills development.
- Offer a flexible service that considers individual needs and ambitions.
- Engage with local businesses and organisations to create employment, training and volunteering opportunities for carers.
- Highlight the benefits of employing carers, adopting carer friendly policies, and understanding the needs of carers in the workplace.
What does Working for Carers offer carers?
Carers can access free support, designed to meet their individual needs and delivered in their local area. This may include:
- One-to-one support and advice with a dedicated Employment Personal Adviser.
- Group activities and training workshops.
- Support with writing CVs and interview techniques.
- Help with job searching.
- Access to employment, volunteering and training opportunities.
Who can access Working for Carers support?
To be eligible for support you will need to be:
- An unpaid carer or former carer.
- Aged 25 and over.
- Living in London.
- Not in any paid work.
See the difference Working for Carers is already making for carers
If you’re thinking of joining our Working for Carers programme look at how successful other carers have been who’ve taken part so far.
Find out more about the free Working for Carers service
For carers in Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Enfield, Hammersmith & Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Hillingdon or Hounslow:
- Tel: 020 8868 5224, Ext 218
- Email: email@example.com
For carers in Barking and Dagenham, Greenwich, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest:
- Tel: 020 8514 6251
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For carers in Camden, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton, Wandsworth or Westminster:
- Tel: 020 7428 8950
- Email: email@example.com
For carers in Bexley, Bromley, Croydon, City, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham or Southwark:
- Tel: 020 8699 8686
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date revised: 22/05/2019