Help if English is not your first language

If you're a carer and English isn't your first language find out about classes to help you learn English.

Finding a class in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)

The National Careers Service can help you find an ESOL course. Call 0800 100 900 and choose option 5 to speak to an adviser using an interpreter.

Your local council may have an Adult Learning Service that offers ESOL classes. Use Find your local council and then search your council website for adult learning.

The BBC has a Learning English section on its website.

The British Council has an ESOL section on its website where you can improve your English with videos, listening activities, texts and grammar exercises for ESOL learners at every level. 

Date revised: 27/09/2018