Media Ambassadors 2020!
Do you think that more could be done for young carers? More awareness, more support? Do have your own views that you wish to share?
We're looking for up to 10 young people aged 16-18 to join our Media Ambassadors Team in 2020.
This is a brilliant opportunity to learn practical media and communication skills from professionals and to make a real impact in terms of awareness raising about young carers' issues. This is an excellent chance to make a difference for others - and yourself too!
This year, our Media Ambassadors will take part in online training and work remotely to create content at home, working with professionals to edit this together and capture key messages important to young carers!
What will the Ambassadors be doing?
- You’ll work with professional facilitators and filmmakers from Media Education to learn new media and communication skills and create a wide range of films and audio.
- You'll receive online media training and practical information, hints and tips on how to use mobile phones/other devices available to capture content, and how to use video storytelling to create an impact.
- You'll be supported to go out and create positive change with your films, creating presentations and workshops that can be delivered to other young people, adults and decision makers!
What will I get out of it?
- New friends! You’ll have the chance to work closely with other young people, from across Scotland. Many people who have participated in the past have remained friends, long after the training has finished.
- New skills! It’s not just about learning to film; this is an opportunity to develop team working skills, speak to new people and push yourself out of your comfort zone.
- New experiences! This experience will give you something to really stand out on your CV!
What time commitment do we need?
- You must be able to attend 2 hour online training sessions on Tuesday evenings, from 6.30 - 8.30pm. These will run from 20th October - 17th November.
- You must be available to attend the Carers Parliament event on Wednesday 25th November.
To be eligible to apply, you must be
- Aged 16-18
- Excited about learning new skills
No other experience is necessary; this is an opportunity to discover new talents and build on the skills you already have. To apply to be a part of this exciting team, please complete this short survey by 5pm on Friday 16th October telling us why you would like to take part!
If you have any questions, please email Nicola: firstname.lastname@example.org