Commissioning Services for Young Carers and Their Families
This resource aims to support the commissioning of services for young carers and their families.
- Brings together into one place key facts about young carers.
- Informs commissioners of the needs of young carers and their families and the importance of listening to the voices of young carers when developing services.
- Draws together many practical examples of how services are currently supporting young carers and what has been found to be effective in supporting this vulnerable group.
- Emphasises the importance of both a ‘whole family’ and ‘preventative’ approach.
- Suggests outcomes to aim for and tools for measuring the effectiveness of interventions.