The variety of tasks that a carer fulfils can include practical household tasks, personal care and/or emotional support. The term carer should not be confused with a care worker, or care assistant, who receives payment for looking after someone.
If you are providing unpaid support to someone due to their mental or physical health, disability, illness or substance misuse issue, we are here to support you in your caring role and to help you stay well, too!
Sutton Carers Centre supports unpaid carers who live or work in the London Borough of Sutton. We provide advice, information and emotional support, help with benefit forms/accessing funds, counselling, breaks, complementary therapies, support groups, and much more.
If you are a carer, we want you to enjoy wellbeing as well as gain satisfaction from your caring role, so we will support you with any potential challenges that you may face. We also work with other organisations to ensure that you are recognised, respected and that your views are taken in account when planning services.
- Rachael MacLeod - Chief Executive Officer
- Jessica Appleby - Office Manager
- Yvette How - Finance and HR Consultant
- Gemma Thatcher - Information and Communications Officer
- Karen Page - Adult Carers Service Manager, Information and Advice
- Corinne Iles - Adult Carers Advice, Information and Support Worker
- Nicola Fordyce-Browne - Adults Carers Advice, Information and Support Worker
- Melanie Walles - Young Carers Service Manager
- Shukri Mohammed - Young Carers Senior Support and Development Worker (Education)
- Valerie Tyndall - Young Carers Support Worker
- Kelly Silver - Adult Carers Service Manager – Support (including Mental Health)
- Celia Johnson - Carers Senior Support and Development Worker (including Mental Health)
- Caroline Hardwicke - Wellbeing Navigator
- Sharon Gallagher – Acting Chair
- Don Brims – Treasurer
- Margaret Hobbs – Trustee
- Louise Ellingham- Trustee
- Giuliana Rosenow – Trustee
- Sarah Samee – Trustee
- Adrian Gheorghiu – Adviser
- Nadia Dhunna – Adviser