A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
We aim is to make a significant positive difference in the lives of unpaid adult carers’ by efficiently and effectively providing the highest quality personalised carer support in Gateshead.
We work to ensure that adult carers;
- Have improved health and wellbeing
- Have an improved quality of life being better able to realise their potential through employment, education and training
- Are treated with respect and dignity and their role is recognised and valued
- Have improved financial health
- Have a life of their own outside of caring
- Have a campaigning voice on issues affecting them.