If you provide unpaid support and care to someone who could not manage without your help, then you are a carer. Sometimes caring responsibilities will appear suddenly when someone is taken ill, or they may evolve slowly, as a parent or spouse develops age-related conditions. Carers Gloucestershire is a local charity where carers can seek help and support. Our vision is for a better life for carers where carers are fully-recognised, valued and supported in their caring role and as members of their community.
Our services include:
- Hospital support.
- Information, advice and guidance.
- Emergency support.
- Carer to carer support.
- Time out for carers breaks.
- Return to work or education support.
- Carers assessments.
- Learning and training.
- Support groups.
- Support for parents of children with special educational needs (SENDIASS).
- Support for families of children and adults with challenging behaviour.
- Carers’ voice, helping to influence policymaking and service planning.