Life in Lockdown
Calling all young carers and young adult carers!
Our Scottish Young Carers Festival has sadly been cancelled this year, but we want to make sure that young carers are still able to connect with one another, that they do not feel alone during this time and that their voices continue to be heard in meaningful ways!
Introducing “Life In Lockdown” – an online platform where young people can share their experiences, not only with key decision makers, but also with one another across Scotland!
So how can you get involved?
We are asking for young carers and young adult carers to share their stories and be as creative as possible: a video, a blog post, a photograph, a drawing, a poem!
Here are some examples of things you can do!
- Create a video on your phone (template below)
- Write a blog post (template below)
- Write a poem
- Draw a picture that means something to you
- Send us photographs of your hobbies in lockdown along with a small description of what it is and how it has made you smile! For example, your pet that you have more time to play with, a cake you have made, an instrument you are playing, a game that you love!
Here are some questions you could answer in your blog post. Please remember that you do not need to share any personal details in this blog if you do not want to. Your blog can remain anonymous.
If you would like to provide more detail in your blog, including your name or photographs, please send us your blog along with a signed media consent form.
- Before lockdown, what would a normal day for you look like? E.g. school? College? Meeting friends? Caring role?
- During lockdown, how has life changed for you?
- How has lockdown impacted your caring role?
- How do you spend your time during lockdown?
- Have you started any new hobbies?
- How do you meet up with your service/young carer project during lockdown?
- Are you worried about anything after lockdown?
- What message would you send to other young carers and young adult carers across Scotland during this time?
Here is a script you can use if you would like to share a video for “Life In Lockdown.” This is just a guide and feel free to create your own!
Please remember to send us a signed media consent form along with your video.
Hello! My name is ______, I am ___ years old, I live in ____________ and I am a young carer/ young adult carer.
Lockdown has impacted my life in different ways, for example ______________________________________________.
In my spare time, I have been ______________________________________________.
After lockdown, I would like to ______________________________________________.
If you are a young carer like me, my message to you is ______________________________________________.
My hobbies in Lockdown!
Have you started baking during lockdown? Had more time to play with your pet? Started learning a musical instrument? Completed a game that you love?
Send us photographs of your hobbies in lockdown along with a small description of what ts is and how it has made you smile! We will upload these to our Life In Lockdown webpage for other young people to see!
We will update our “Life In Lockdown” section so keep up to date on our website! Throughout the coming weeks, we will also be sharing challenges for services to take part in!