Date Revised:

Your local council must carry out a financial assessment to see what you can afford to pay.

As a carer you will not be charged for any services provided to the person you care for.

In Scotland, neither you nor the person you care for will be charged for replacement care. Replacement care is any paid care that replaces the care you normally give as a carer.  

You will get a budget, which shows how much it costs to give you the support you need. It will include the amount you will pay, if any, and the amount the local council will pay.

You may be able decide how this money is spent:

Next update due: June 2017