Being healthy is not only important for you, but it also helps the person you care after too.
Stay well this winter
There are a number of things you can do to keep you and your family well in winter. Visit Stay well this winter for helpful tips and advice.
Is the strain of caring affecting how you get on with your partner, family and friends?
Taking care of your relationships can help you to take care of yourself. This could be with your relationship with your partner, or with family and friends. Have a look at our online relationship guide for carers.
More ways to take care of yourself
- Find out about getting a break, including respite care.
- Check if you, or the person you care for, can claim benefits.
- Have a carer's assessment so you can discuss your needs with your local council. The assessment is free and your local council will use it to decide what support to give you.
- Contact your local carer service to see how they can help you to take care of your own health. Find local care and carer services.
- Let your GP know that you are a carer as they will record this on your notes and may be able to offer you extra support. Also see 10 top tips to get the most out of your GP appointment from Healthwatch.
Next update due: October 2019