Make sure you make it clear that the job is important to you. Let them know how excited you are about the opportunity to learn new things, gain experience and earn some money.
You might need to talk about:
- If there is someone else who can help while you are away.
- Who the person you care for should go to if there is a caring emergency.
- If there is anything you can do to make the person you care for more comfortable while you are at work.
- The fact that sometimes work will have to come first.
- Getting an assessment from your local council. This may also include a carer's assessment for yourself.
This information is part of the Getting into work - a guide for young adult carers.
Next update due: June 2017