If you are a carer and have been offered a new job, you will need to talk to the person you care for about your job and how it will affect you both.
Make it clear that the job is important to you. Let them know how excited you are about the opportunity to learn new things, gain experience and earn some money.
You might need to talk about:
- If there is someone else who can help while you are at work.
- Who the person you care for should go to if there is a caring emergency.
- If there is anything you can do to make the person you care for more comfortable while you are at work.
- The fact that sometimes work will have to come first.
- Getting an assessment from your local council. This may also include a carer's assessment for yourself.
Next update due: September 2019