Not all carers can get help with health costs but if you claim certain benefits, or have a low income, you may be able to get help
You may get help paying for:
- Prescriptions in England (in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland prescriptions are free for everyone),
- NHS dental charges.
- Sight tests.
- Vouchers towards the cost of glasses and contact lenses.
- Travel costs.
- Wigs and fabric supports.
The person you care for may also be able to get help with their health costs.
The rules about getting help with health costs vary depending on where you live:
- Find out more from Citizens Advice about help with health costs in England.
- Find out more from NHS Wales about help with health costs in Wales.
- Find out more from Citizens Advice Scotland about help with health costs in Scotland.
- Find out more from NIDirect about help with health costs in Northern Ireland.
Next update due: March 2018