What a day Young Carers Awareness Day 2018 was! Once again carers, Carers Trust Network Partners, teachers, health professionals, schools, politicians and many, many organisations and individuals showed their massive support for our day.
Here are just some of the highlights!
- We trended on Twitter for most of the day, which is some feat and we received a host of retweets, likes and comments from some high-profile sources. Here is just a snapshot:
- All on the board, The Diana Award, The Children’s Commissioner and First News and Health and Social Care Minister Caroline Dinenage among many, many more, so thank you.
- Lottie, whose life was portrayed through a short animation, was featured on CBBC’s Newsround morning news programme. Newsround also carried a piece about young carers on its website.
- Interviews were widely picked up via Sky News Radio which syndicates to more than 300 local radio stations across the UK. The news was carried on stations such as Heart, Magic, Absolute, Kerrang and so many we can’t name them all.
- Blackpool Tower was lit up to mark the day thanks to the help of Blackpool Carers Centre.
- There was coverage on ITV Wales.
- We aired on national radio stations Talk Radio and UCB.
- There were two great blogs on the Department of Health and Social Care website by Dawn Ashley from Carers Lewisham and young carer Josie.
- There was also lots of pick up in the trades/specialist press, such as Children and Young People Now and Enable magazine and Home Care magazine.
Find out more about Young Carers Awareness Day 2018.