Following the budget announcement for spending plans in Wales, Carers Trust Wales together with social care commissioners, providers and representative bodies are warning Welsh Government that the additional costs of the new National Living Wage could lead to a catastrophic failure across care services, unless urgent action is taken to address continued underfunding.
The Association of Directors of Social Services Cymru (ADSSC) and National Provider Forum have written to Ministers on behalf of providers and commissioners to underline concerns around the future viability of social care provision in Wales.
The report aims:
- To provide a joint submission to Welsh Government on behalf of commissioners and providers.
- To identify the scale of the issues and costs concerned
- To identify the risks to service users, providers and commissioners
- To raise public awareness of the issue.
- To assist Welsh Government in any dialogue with Government at Westminster.
For more information, contact Kieron Rees.