The Dementia Research Team works for the NICRN (Northern Ireland Clinical Research Team). Its role extends to cover all the Health and Social Care Trusts throughout the province. It is involved in promoting the ‘Join Dementia Research’ (JDR) Database.
Aims and Objectives:
- Develop a strong identity for JDR
- Engage, persuade and remind the public of the benefits of JDR
- Raise overall awareness of the importance of dementia research
- Signing up could make a real difference to you and others.
Importance of your participation:
- JDR connects people who want to participate in studies with researchers
- Find research studies that match either to you, or the person you are registering
- Discover new studies in your local area or other parts of the country
- Help play a part in finding new ways to treat, manage and hopefully cure dementia.
- Online at www.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk
- By telephone via the Alzheimer’s Society on 0300 222 1122
- Paper based application forms
- Contact the Dementia Research Team on: Tel: 028 9063 5025. Mobile: 07825314380. E-mail: email@example.com
You are not obliged to take part in any study and have the opportunity to withdraw at any time, which will not affect the care you receive in the future.
It will be launched in Northern Ireland, commencing on World Alzheimer’s Day, Monday 21 September 2015.