Policy, Research and Engagement Manager (Wales)
Salary: £30,328 pa
What are we looking for?
The role will suit someone who is organised, has a strong background in policy and research and the ability to connect with a wide network of external stakeholders. You will need to be enthusiastic in your approach to work, flexible and people orientated.
To be successful as a Policy, Research and Engagement Manager at Carers Trust, you will have: (the following skills and experience will be assessed at interview)
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to produce a range of documents including policy statements, recommendations and think pieces based on evidence and carer voice
- Experience of managing a range of external stakeholder relationships and facilitating reference and advisory groups
- A working knowledge of the policy context, devolved systems and structures in Wales particularly relating to health, social care and education
- Experience of planning and delivering qualitative and quantitative research
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information in an accessible way for a range of audiences
- The ability to arrange events and facilitate engaging focus groups, workshops or training sessions
- Confidence in managing a programme of work and shaping and growing projects
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise own workload as part of a collaborative team
- A professional approach to work with a willingness to speak honestly, and to be accountable
- The ability to speak, read and write in Welsh is desirable for this role
What difference will you make for Carers in Wales?
This is an opportunity for you to make a real difference to the lives of carers in Wales. As the Policy, Research and Engagement lead for Carers Trust in Wales you will develop and deliver a dynamic programme of work that will improve the experiences and outcomes of unpaid carers. You will create opportunities for carers to inform and shape policy and professional practice and develop strategic relationships to ensure that there is a robust evidence base to create a wider case for change.
You will take a proactive approach, working collaboratively with colleagues across Carers Trust to deliver against a wide range of policy, research and engagement activities ensuring that carers and other key stakeholders are able to inform, shape and support the wider work of Carers Trust Wales.
If this sounds like you, we would be delighted to hear from you. If you have any questions about the role then please feel free to email me Kate Cubbage on firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close applications at any time, once we have received sufficient applications. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.