Director of Policy and Public Affairs
Carers Trust is a UK infrastructure charity working to transform the lives of unpaid carers via our national network of local carer organisations, who provide regulated care, information advice and guidance, and social prescribing services. Our network supports around one million unpaid carers per year in 85% of local authority areas.
We partner with our network of local carer organisations to provide funding and support, deliver innovative and evidence-based programmes, raise awareness and influence policy for unpaid carers UK-wide.
Last September we launched our refreshed strategy ‘Building a Caring Society’ , which has three overarching ambitions:
- Every carer has access to a high quality local carer organisation
- No carer is pushed into poverty or financially disadvantaged by their caring role
- All carers, regardless of circumstances or age, are able to enjoy a fulfilling role alongside their caring relationship.
It is an exciting time for the Carers Trust network and we are looking for a Director of Policy and Public Affairs to power our policy and public affairs activity to secure much needed changes to policy and practice affecting both unpaid carers and local carer services. This role will focus on influencing the UK Government and national and local decision makers in England, with an oversight role in coordinating influencing activities with policy colleagues working in the devolved nations.
Situated in the UK Programmes, Policy & Impact Directorate, this role will ensure that our policy and public affairs work is grounded in carer voice, and a combination of academic and real world data and evidence arising from many sources including Carers Trust’s annual survey series, network intelligence and programmes.
We want to hear from courageous individuals who are fired up by the prospect of leading a challenging and cross-cutting policy agenda that serves our vision of a caring society. Further information is available in our Job Description and Person Specification, deadline is 6pm 4th May 2023.
Full job description
See the Director of Policy and Public Affairs job pack here.
- Please submit a CV and supporting statement for the role referencing the person
specification in the job pack.
- Please submit your application by 4th May to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For an informal conversation about the role please contact Rohati Chapman – Executive
Director of Programmes, Policy & Impact on email@example.com
- Please ensure you complete our equal opportunities monitoring form here and email along with your CV and Supporting statement.