The number of unpaid carers is increasing significantly, with 3 in 5 of us likely to become a carer in our lifetime. Unpaid carers save the UK economy over £132bn every year and act as a main support to our stretched health and social care systems.
Even before the pandemic many unpaid carers did not have the support they needed and this situation has only been exacerbated. As our recent Pushed to the Edge research found, many unpaid carers have had to increase the number of hours they provide care for. Many are also struggling financially due to their caring roles and are finding it hard to have a life alongside caring. The overwhelming majority of unpaid carers also told us they feel let down by successive governments.
Our work to influence politicians, policymakers and other key decision-makers is therefore vital to bring about the changes needed to transform unpaid carers' lives.
For the year ending 31st March 2022, we:
- Reached 917,394 unpaid carers through our 123 Network Partners across 78.2% of all local authority areas
- Supported 456,089 unpaid carers, including 46,876 young and young adult carers
- Distributed £4,016,421 in grants to support unpaid carers
- Attracted high profile media coverage and influence through our research
The Digital Engagement Manager position is a really important role that reports to the Head of Communications and Marketing and will lead on effective digital engagement and marketing at Carers Trust, using and monitoring all appropriate digital channels to key audiences, driving engagement, ensuring we are using our website and social media channels effectively as part of our work to transform the lives of unpaid carers.
Full job description
See our job pack here.
How to apply
- Please submit a CV and supporting statement for the role referencing the person specification in the job pack.
- Please submit your application by 5pm on 22 May to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should not exceed two sides of A4.
- Please ensure you download and complete our equal opportunities monitoring form here.