Holding your own event
Organising a fundraising event is a fantastic way to bring friends and family together and do something different. We have plenty of imaginative ideas, now we’d love to hear yours.
If you are thinking of organising an event please do get in touch! No matter what the idea, our Fundraising team is happy to help. We’re on hand to chat, offer advice and help make your event a success.
Before launching into the event here are a few things to consider.
Choose your event
Fundraising is looking a little different this year. But there are still lots of ways that you can raise money and awareness of unpaid carers, while having fun with friends and family. Here are just some ideas we’ve heard about, all held within the current restrictions ensuring your event is safe.
- Host a virtual pub quiz. Why not invite you friends for an evening of general knowledge and friendly rivalry? You can ask for an ‘entry fee’ for each person who takes part and could even run a raffle on the evening to maximise your fundraising.
- Set a running or walking challenge. Challenge your colleagues, friends or family to run or walk 100 miles in a month. You can set up a JustGiving page to ask others to sponsor you on your challenge. You could also set up a leaderboard and follow each other’s progress on tracking apps such as Strava.
- Hold a virtual bake off. Challenge your friends to get creative in the kitchen and cook up the most impressive bake, to be judged by a panel of judges. You can set up a JustGiving page and ask participants to pay to take part.
If you have your own idea and would like some support with your fundraising, or would like more ideas email email@example.com or call 0300 772 9600.
Make the most of your event
After putting in all the hard work to organise an event we want you to make the most of it. There are lots of different ways you can help increase your fundraising goals and make it more exciting for guests.
An auction or raffle is a good way to give something back to guests and collect extra funds. You can get in touch with local companies or shops to see if they have any items to donate. If all else fails, you could even consider auctioning off a willing friend or relative who can offer a skill such as gardening.
Don’t forget, your event is also a great opportunity to raise awareness for carers and communicate the services that are available for them. We can provide bunting, leaflets, flags and other informative and decorative materials to help keep this on your guests’ minds.
Keep it simple and safe
1. Setting up an online page
A fundraising page can help save you time and effort collecting sponsorship. If you would rather not handle cash and cheques, it is a useful way for friends and family to donate securely. Through Just Giving the money is sent directly to the charity.
Find out how to set up a JustGiving page or visit our JustGiving page to donate.
2. Raising money legally and safely
Before getting started with your fundraiser, here are a few important things to consider. Please take a look at our Tips for raising money safely.
Contact the Events Team
Finally, remember that everything you raise helps us to continue our unique work with thousands of carers in the UK. We appreciate the time you put in and the effort to increase awareness of the difficulties they face. Carers Trust would like to say a huge thank you!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any further information on holding your own event, or call the team on 0300 772 9600.
We can also provide t-shirts, information about Carers Trust’s work, balloons, collecting boxes, invitation cards, posters – and even training advice, should you want to get active. And we have a sample sponsorship form you can use.