Pharmacies and medicines
Developed in partnership with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee, our guide sets out helpful hints and tips for carers including:
- Ordering prescriptions at least seven days before they are needed.
- Only ordering as much medicine as needed.
- Checking dispensing hours before visiting a pharmacy.
- Asking family, friends or a local action group to help if you’re unable to collect a prescription.
- Making an emergency plan in case you become unwell and cannot collect medication.
- Making sure you know the full name, address and date of birth for anyone you’re collecting a prescription for and bringing ID with you.
Image courtesy of iStock. Credit: Georgeclerk.
Date revised: 02/06/2020