Pharmacies and medicines
See our latest guide to support carers to get the most out of their pharmacy team during the COVID-19 pandemic. We also have bilingual guidance for carers in Wales.
Developed in partnership with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee, our guide sets out helpful hints and tips for carers including:
- Ordering prescriptions at least seven days before they are needed.
- Only ordering as much medicine as needed.
- Checking dispensing hours before visiting a pharmacy.
- Asking family, friends or a local action group to help if you’re unable to collect a prescription.
- Making an emergency plan in case you become unwell and cannot collect medication.
- Making sure you know the full name, address and date of birth for anyone you’re collecting a prescription for and bringing ID with you.
Image courtesy of iStock. Credit: Georgeclerk.
Date revised: 02/06/2020