If you are concerned about what Coronavirus might mean for you, or someone you care for, we recommend you visit the Carers UK website. Our friends at Carers UK have put together really useful information on Coronavirus that is relevant for carers and the people they care for.
You can also find information about Coronavirus on these websites:
- The UK Government website.
- The NHS website.
- Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person. Register on the Gov.uk website if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food.If you’re not sure whether your medical condition makes you extremely vulnerable, register anyway. You can register yourself, or on behalf of someone else.
- The Scottish Government website. You will also find specific information for carers here.
- The NHSInform.Scot website.
- The UK Government website information for individuals and businesses in Wales.
- The Gov.Wales website.
- The NHS Direct Wales website.
- The Public Health Wales website.
Virtual 'Cuppa' for carers
Mobilise is an organisation providing a daily e-support package through the Corvid-19 crisis. It includes links to key information, updates on how other carers are finding ways of coping, and suggestions for entertainment at home. The service is completely free, and carers and those providing care services can sign up here.
Mobilise is running a virtual 'Cuppa' for carers at 4pm, which is proving popular.
If you run a carer service, some services have found Mobilise a helpful way to offer carers some support online, while their teams focus on calls to their most acute cases.
Next update due: The information is being updated on a regular basis.