Free and discounted vehicle tax

You may be able to get free or discounted vehicle tax if you, or the person you care for, are disabled. 

Check if you, or the person you care for, can apply for:

  • Vehicle tax exemption  (where you pay no vehicle tax) or
  • Vehicle tax reduction (where you pay less vehicle tax).

See Financial help if you’re disabled – vehicles and transport on

Other help with vehicles and transport if you or the person you care for are disabled

Find out about the:

Blue Badge parking scheme.

Motability Scheme.

VAT relief for vehicles.

Community and public transport.

Date revised: 19/01/2018