There are over 7 million unpaid carers in the UK. At Carers Trust we aim to provide them with the support, advice and information necessary to assist them.
We rely on the generosity of the general public to donate and support carers in desperate need of help across the UK. A gift, no matter what size, can make a real difference to a carer's life.
Your gift could help carers directly in the following ways:
- £15 could provide a place at one of our local carer services, where a carer can take part in a range of activities from arts and crafts to sports.
- £25 could go towards a dedicated mentor who can offer support to a young carer while they are at school.
- £50 could help us support carers to buy essential household equipment to ease the stress a caring role can bring.
- £75 could save an exhausted carer valuable time by going towards a washing machine or dishwasher – a vital piece of equipment for a carer.
- £100 could give peace of mind to an anxious carer by going towards a series of counselling sessions.
Find out more about how we'll spend your gift.
Setting up a monthly gift of as little as £3 would allow us to expand our work to reach out to hidden carers and provide the vital support they need to care for a loved one.
- £3 a month (10p a day) can go towards funding the cost of a young carers activity group meeting during the school holidays to reduce their isolation and give them a break from caring
- £5 a month (16p a day) could help towards providing dedicated services to carers such as counselling or mentoring.
- £12 a month (40p a day) could help contribute to a respite weekend for carers, to help ease exhaustion and prevent feelings of isolation.
- £20 a month (66p a day) could help us to continue one of our most valuable grants programmes 'Carers Essentials' which could save an exhausted carer valuable time by going towards a washing machine or dishwasher – a vital piece of equipment for a carer.
To make a donation by cheque, made payable to 'Carers Trust', please send it to Carers Trust, Unit 101, 164–180 Union Street, London SE1 0LH and include a letter saying on behalf of whom the donation is being made. (Please note this is our new address as of 1 May 2019).
You can also make a regular donation via payroll giving.
Don't forget to Gift Aid it! Your gift is worth 25% more at no extra cost to you.
Other ways to donate
Wegiveit makes it easy to contribute to your chosen charities. Watch free video in the app and your time is converted into a monetary donation to Carers Trust.
No cash, just free giving. Download the free app, select Carers Trust and watch video ads.
In line with the Government's guidance, Carers Trust has closed its offices and all staff are now working remotely. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of both our staff and everybody who we work with on a daily basis.
As a result of our offices’ closure, there will be a delay in acknowledging and responding to communication sent to our offices by post.
This also means that our teams are not able to process donations over the phone for the time being. If you call us to donate to our work, we will take your contact details and call you back as soon as we are able to proceed with taking phone donations. We encourage you, if you can, to donate to us online.
Thank you for your understanding during these challenging times.