At the end of March 2019, 684 carers had registered with the project. The registered carers are from all 33 London boroughs:
- 131carers have gained employment and 71 have started an education or training course.
- 50% have been supported to apply for jobs, and 68 are now job-searching independently.
- 416 have attended Working for Carers workshops or external training while supported by the project.
- 105 participants have had volunteering opportunities.
- 116 have been referred to other specialist support, and 369 have proactively looked after their health and wellbeing.
- 432 have shown improvements against their tailored action plans.
- 375 have reported increased confidence, and 342 said they had gained new skills and experiences.
Stories from carers who've been supported by Working for Carers
Hear from carers who've been supported back into training, work and voluntary work by Working for Carers.
Find out more about the difference the programme is making in our Working for Carers Progress Report September 2018.
Carers Trust was awarded a total of £2m for Working for Carers. Working for Carers is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. The funding is for three years: 1 October 2016 to 30 September 2019.