Add your school to our map and show your support for young carers
We are calling on all schools in England and Wales that are working to identify and support young carers, to showcase their commitment to young carers by adding their school to the Young Carers in Schools map.
- Add your school to the map using the form below
- For schools in England please read more about the Young Carers in Schools programme and research
Young Carers in Schools is a free initiative making it easy for schools to support young carers and award good practice.
By adding your school you will:
- Showcase your school's support for young carers.
- Showcase to your school community that you are committed to achieving positive impacts for pupils/students with caring responsibilities.
- Support us to demonstrate the large numbers of schools that are identifying and supporting this vulnerable pupil group, helping ensure that even more schools provide young carers with the support they need in education.
Key to identify your pin in the map
- Red pin:Young Carers in Schools Wales, pilot school.
- Green pin: Supporting Young Carers in Schools Wales.
- White pin: School that is identifying and supporting young carers.
Get support to develop and maximise outcomes for young carers at your school
Run jointly by Carers Trust and The Children's Society Young Carers in Focus partners, we are working with schools across England and Wales to provide step-by-step guidance, practical tools and training and the opportunity for national recognition through the Young Carers in Schools Award.
Schools that have secured a Young Carers in Schools Award recognition of their good practice are also displayed on the map.
The form below is for use by school staff. If you or your child attend a school that does not currently appear on the map, ask a member of school staff what they do to identify and support young carers. Then ask them to add their school to our map!