Date Revised:

If you are the main carer for someone who is elderly or disabled, speak to your GP or pharmacist about having a flu jab along with the person you care for.

If you care for an older or disabled person who would be at risk if you were ill you may be able to get a free NHS jab. You can also get one if you get Carer’s Allowance. This is to ensure you are protected against catching flu and developing serious complications.

A flu jab is also known as a flu vaccine. 

I always have a flu jab, and I tell any other carers I meet to do the same."


Have a look at this video about getting a flu jab:

Find out more about flu jabs where you live

Stay well this winter

There a number of things you can do to help you and your family stay well this winter

Next update due: October 2018