Date Revised:

If you need help with English, maths or IT skills there is lots of help available for carers. 

Where to find maths, English and IT classes

Here are some places to start your search for maths, English and IT classes:

  • Most local colleges will have classes. 
  • Your local council is likely to have an Adult Learning Service that will offer classes at a variety of venues. Use Find your local council and then search your council website for adult learning.
  • For beginner IT classes, UK online centres are a great place to start as they’re often held in community centres. You might find they also have maths and English courses available in the same place.
  • LearnDirect has maths, IT and English classes that can be done online or at their centres.
  • Use the National Careers Service to search for local courses and find out more about funding.
  • Learn My Way offers free courses on using a computer, browsing the web, sending an email and finding work online.

Or visit your local library, community centre, council offices or college and ask about courses. The people there will be pleased to help and offer support. 

​Next update due: December 2018​