Carers can apply for grants of up to £300 for items or activities that will benefit them in their caring role, for example for
- Breaks for carers, with or without the person they care for.
- Items for the home including cookers, fridges, beds andwashing machines.
- Driving lessons and other travel costs relating to caring roles.
- Courses and materials to develop carers' skills and personal development.
- Home repairs.
- Short-term or time limited replacement care.
To apply contact your local carer services so they can advise you. They will need to complete a supporting statement for you on the application form.
Next update due: July 2018