Find young carers services near you
- Carers Trust's local Network Partners are carers services across the UK, offering information, advice, practical support and/or care in the home. Find your nearest one by searching on our website.
- The Children’s Society can also help you find a young carers service near you.
General advice and resources for young carers
- The Children’s Society has lots of advice and resources for young carers on its website.
- You can also look in the Help and advice section of this website to find the information you are looking for, although please be aware it has been written for carers who are 18 and over so may not always be relevant if you are under 18.
- Carers UK is the UK's membership charity for carers of all ages offering advice, information and an online forum for carers over 18.
Health advice and information
For organisations to contact, see The Children’s Society’s website.
Wellbeing and mental health
The Children’s Society’s website has details of organisations that can help.
The Children’s Society website has lots of information if you need education advice.
Staying safe on the internet
You’ll find lots of easy to follow advice on internet safety on The Children’s Society’s website.
Getting into work
Getting into Work is our handbook for young adult carers who want to get into work. It will be particularly useful if you are looking for work for the first time, have been out of work for a while or if you are in work but looking for a new job.
- See our booklet Know your Rights: Support for Young Carers and Young Adult Carers in England.
- LawStuff gives free legal information to young people. LawStuff is run by Coram Children’s Legal Centre, which provides more detailed information both over the phone and online.
- The Children’s Society's website also has information on your rights.
- The Office of the Children’s Commissioner has an advice and assistance line They can help with questions you have about your rights, welfare and safety. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Freephone: 0800 528 0731 open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (the phone number is free from a landline, but may cost from a mobile.)
Next update due: January 2019