- Don’t trust the number showing on the call caller display – this can be manipulated
- Call them back on a phone number listed on their website or statements rather than any number they give you.
- Always check the call is properly disconnected before calling the bank or police to report it – wait 5 minutes or use a different phone
- Never share your PIN or passwords with anyone who contacts you
- Never enter your card PIN into a telephone – it won’t keep it secret from the caller
- Don’t transfer money
Barclays Bank Plc have a great video about not transferring money online:
For more information about see financial scams and how to avoid them on Barclays Bank Plc.
Thank you to Barclays Bank Plc for helping us write this page.
Next update due: June 2017