2-3 June 2018 National Garden Scheme Garden Adventure Challenge!
The National Garden Scheme (NGS) is Carers Trust’s longest standing donor and to date we have received over £3m to help support unpaid carers.
In celebration of the National Garden Scheme annual Festival Weekend on 2–3 June 2018, Carers Trust is holding the National Garden Scheme Garden Adventure Challenge for all our supporters, partners, staff and volunteers!
The Festival Weekend will see over 300 gardens open, raising money for Carers Trust and other charities, in all counties across England and Wales giving everyone access to private gardens in their area during one of the most beautiful months of the gardening year. This year, we are encouraging you to visit as many gardens as possible during the weekend, with the chance to win a prize for the most gardens visited*.
How to take part and win a prize in the 2-3 June 2018 National Garden Scheme Garden Adventure Challenge!
Everyone is welcome to take part, all you need to do is go to the National Garden Scheme website and enter your town and the dates 2–3 June to see all the gardens open near you during the Festival Weekend.
Do it on your own, or get a team together and plot your route. We would encourage you to walk, jog or cycle between your gardens however, this is in no way compulsory!
Prizes you could win!
- Signed cookbook from Bake-Off Finalist Miranda Gore Browne.
- Voucher courtesy of Squires Garden Centre.
- VIP concert tickets worth over £100.
- Bottle of champagne.
- Recipe card (courtesy of Miranda Gore Brown) with recipe box.
Please note that prizes are allocated according to which competition you win. Only Tweets posted on 2 or 3 June will count, any posted before or after these dates will not be considered in the judging.
- Most gardens in one day: signed copy of The Great British Bake-Off finalist, Miranda Gore Browne’s book, recipe card and recipe box containing ingredients.
- Tweet the best reason why you love @NGSOpenGardens: x two VIP tickets to the Carers Trust annual Carol Concert + pre-concert drinks and canapes, a bottle of Champagne, £10 garden centre voucher courtesy of Squires Garden Centre.
There are two ways to win a prize:
- Visit as many National Garden Scheme gardens as you can in one day! All we ask is that you Tweet a photo of yourself in each garden you visit, tagging @NGSOpenGardens and using the hashtag #CarersGardenAdventure.
- If racing around in search of gardens isn’t your thing, there is also a Twitter competition! Take a photo of yourself in a National Garden Scheme garden and post it on Twitter completing the phrase ‘I love @NGSOpenGardens because…’ – make sure you use the hashtag #CarersGardenAdventure. The best one, as judged by our Director of Fundraising and Communications, will win!
Good luck and happy Garden Adventures!
Winners will be announced on 4 June 2018 via Twitter so keep your eyes peeled!
Further information about the 2-3 June 2018 National Garden Scheme Garden Adventure Challenge
Get in touch with Jess Waller, our Volunteer Coordinator & Fundraising Officer, for more information or to let us know you’re taking part.
*Please note entrance charges apply at each garden.
National Garden Scheme Photography Competition
The National Garden Scheme is running its second annual photography competition in association with BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine. Take part and you could be in with a chance of winning a great selection of prizes worth over £950. The closing date is 28 August 2018.
Visit the National Garden Scheme website for more information.