Volunteering is an excellent way to motivate and engage your employees with a charity partnership. It gives them a hands on opportunity to support Carers Trust and carers.
Quilter volunteers decorating Tyne and Wear Crossroads Carer Service in September 2019.
Volunteering activities employees could get involved in include:
- Volunteer at a Carers Trust office, we have offices in London, Cardiff, Glasgow and Rugby.
- Cheer on our London Marathon runners or run a marathon yourself.
- Join our Readers panel for our We Care magazine.
- Help assess applications at our grants assessment panels.
- Offer back-to-work support – run workshops in CV writing and interview skills, supported by sessions on how to find work and work experience and goal setting, to help carers get back into work.
- Support Carers Trust local carers services – be that extra pair of hands to help deliver support to carers services, close to your offices.
Running a Skills Workshop with Deloitte volunteers
As part of our three year partnership with Deloitte Internal Clients Services in London which ended in 2019, we coordinated workshops to support carers back into employment. One session, led by a team of HR specialists, offered carers from across London a day-long workshop focussing on employability skills.
Carers learnt CV and application skills, how to navigate the job market and interview tips, and had the opportunity to practice their interview skills and have their CV reviewed by a Deloitte HR specialist.
Contact the Corporate Fundraising Team
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 0300 772 9600