Volunteering is an excellent way to motivate and engage your employees with a charity partnership. It gives them first-hand experience of supporting Carers Trust and unpaid carers.
Our corporate partners, The Quilter Foundation, Bloom & Wild, The Rank Group and the People’s Postcode Lottery support unpaid carers through volunteering. This is an incredibly rewarding experience for employees and for unpaid carers.
Volunteering activities employees could get involved in include:
- Volunteer at a Carers Trust event, including our Scottish Young Carers Festival.
- Cheer on our London Marathon runners or run a marathon yourself.
- Join our Readers panel for our We Care magazine.
- Help assess applications at our grants assessment panels.
- Support young adult carers with employment skills and insight, to support their transition into the workplace.
- Support Carers Trust local carers services
Running a Career Insight Day with People’s Postcode Lottery (PPL) volunteers
As part of our on-going partnership with PPL, we coordinate opportunities to support young adult carers to understand the workplace and learn new skills. PPL hosted a career insight day for eight young adult carers in their Edinburgh office on 14 July 2022.
A volunteer from PPL said that it was eye-opening “being able to hear first-hand about what it means to be a young carer, and most importantly - they're not looking for sympathy, they want understanding and support.”
The insight day was a great opportunity for young adult carers to get their foot in the door and get some industry knowledge across multiple sectors.
Contact the Corporate Fundraising Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 0300 772 9600