The grants give carers access to desperately needed breaks, essential equipment to support caring responsibilities and skills and training courses. They can make the challenge of being a carer that little bit easier, help stop people from breaking down under the strain and help carers find ways to cope with caring. Five years into the partnership, the funds raised by the Rank Group have helped over 9,000 carers.
Fundraising and volunteering
As of October 2018, The Rank Group Plc's 12,000 employees have raised more than £2m. They've taken part in bake-offs, leg-waxing, head shaving, 24-hour karaoke, marathons, cycles relays … the list is endless!
The fundraising efforts of the Rank Group team members and their customers across the country have been phenomenal. Their incredible support has made a vast difference to local unpaid carers by providing them with respite breaks, grants to buy essential items such as washing machines and giving them the opportunity to go on courses and learn new skills.”
Giles Meyer, Chief Executive of Carers Trust
Employees have also been showing their support by volunteering to help their local Carers Trust Network Partners. So far, they've donated more than 9,000 hours, doing everything from gardening to hosting pamper days and tea parties for carers, as well as helping with baking for carers events, mentoring and providing HR support.
I love everything I do with Carers Trust and I feel privileged to be able to help, we always have a great time with our fundraising and all the team really do pull together . . . I really love volunteering . . . I am a trained beautician and enjoy organising the pamper days, we go out to meet carers, give them a little bit of pampering and it's lovely!”
Sharon – Grosvenor The Park Tower – was awarded Champion of Champions for 2016
This event started as just a bit of a wish list from Camden Carers Service. The dream was that our chefs would come in and cook a lunch for the carers. It was decided we could prepare a three-course-meal for up to 50 carers. On the day, we transported all the food from our casino across to Camden Carers Service and started to set up ready for the lunch. The buzz in the room was amazing as we started to serve the courses, compliments were coming from all angles. So many of the people attending said they had never had anything like it before. There was a massive cheer for us all at the end and a few cuddles for the chefs."
Vicki Parker, Champion at Grosvenor Victoria
Rank Cares Christmas 2017 countdown
In our 12 day countdown to Christmas 2017, we highlighted how our partnership with the Rank Group supports carers across the UK with some amazing stories.
About the Rank Cares Grants programme
Our partnership is enabling us to deliver small grants to carers registered with Carers Trust's Network Partners:
- Carers Essentials Fund – carers can apply for grants towards the cost of vital equipment such as washing machines, cookers, fridge freezers or a bed.
- Carers Take Time Out Fund – is giving carers time out from caring to relax, do something for themselves and recharge their batteries.
- Carers Skills Fund – is enabling carers to learn new skills to help them with caring or to return to work.
Please note, carers must be registered with a Carers Trust Network Partner to access these grants. Find your local carers service.
Keep up to date
- Please follow us on Twitter @CarersTrust and follow our partner the Rank Group @RankCares.
- If you would like to know more about the partnership, or to find out how to get involved, please contact the Corporate Fundraising Team.
- Find out more about Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casinos.
- And see the latest information from Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casinos about how they're supporting us.