You, or the person you care for, may be able to get extra money to help pay for housing costs.
You may be able to get:
- Housing Benefit to help pay your rent if you rent your property. Find out more on gov.uk or at nidirect.gov.uk if you live in Northern Ireland.
- Help with mortgage payments if you own your home and claim benefits.
- Council Tax Reduction (also known as Council Tax Support) which can give a discount on your Council Tax bill if you have a low income or claim benefits. Find out more on gov.uk or at nidirect.gov.uk if you live in Northern Ireland.
- Extra help from energy suppliers' Priority Services Register or Customer Care Register.
- Help heating your home including the Cold weather payment, the Warm Home Discount Scheme, and the Winter fuel payment.
Use our online benefits calculator (supplied by Turn2us) to see if you qualify for benefits including Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction.
Next update due: April 2018