You, or the person you care for, may be able to get extra money to help pay for housing costs.
You may be able to get:
- Housing Benefit if you have a low income and live in rented housing.
- Council Tax Support if you have a low income or claim benefits. It doesn't matter if you own your home or rent.
- Extra help from energy suppliers' Priority Services Register or Customer Care Register
- Help heating your home including the Cold weather payment, the Warm Home Discount Scheme, and the Winter fuel payment.
- Help with mortgage payments if you own your home and claim benefits.