There are many options available, some of which are listed below. You should also contact your local carer services to see what other options might be available locally.
- The Family Fund can provide grants towards the cost of holidays for families on a low income who are caring for a child with a severe disability.
- The Family Holiday Association provides breaks at holiday sites, or grants to help with the cost of a holiday, to low-income families in need of a holiday away from home. You need to be referred by your social worker, GP or health visitor, or by a charity or other welfare agent.
- The Children's Country Holiday Fund provides respite breaks in the countryside for young carers aged 6 to 16 and disadvantaged children and young people.
- The Kiloran Trust has a house in west London for carers to stay in with the person they care for.
- Kites Rise at Carers Trust Tyne and Wear Crossroads Carer Services is a short break residential facility in West Gateshead for up to 12 people across 5 bedrooms.
- The Grove Hotel in Bournemouth offers holidays for cancer patients and anyone with life threatening illnesses, and their carers. It is a not for profit hotel and the person you care for may be able to stay there with or without you.
- Ogilvie Charities fund breaks for carers.
- Revitalise respite holidays for disabled people and carers.
Also see our grants and discounts for more about fund that may help you pay for a holiday.