You may get help paying for:
- prescriptions in England (in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland prescriptions are free for everyone),
- NHS dental check ups and treatment,
- sight tests,
- glasses and contact lenses,
- travel costs to and from hospital for NHS treatment, and
- wigs and fabric supports.
The person you care for may also be able to get help with their health costs.
The rules about getting help with health costs vary depending on where you live:
- Help with health costs in England
- Help with health costs in Wales
- Help with health costs in Scotland
- Help with health costs in Northern Ireland
If you want advice about help with health costs, or help paying other bills, then contact your local carer service.
Next update due: June 2017