You may also be able to get:
- free NHS dental treatment,
- help paying for glasses and contact lenses, and
- help paying for travel costs to and from hospital for NHS treatment.
You, or the person you care for, can claim if you get:
- Income Support,
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance,
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, or
- the guarantee credit part of Pension Credit.
There are also other ways to qualify for help, for example if you are under a certain age or have medical condition. See the full list of people who qualify for help with health costs in Scotland on Citizens Advice Scotland.
If you don't qualify for any of the help above you may still be able to get help with health costs if you have a low income.
Next review due: June 2017