You may also be able to get:
- free dental treatment,
- free sight tests,
- help paying for glasses and contact lenses, and
- help paying for travel costs to and from treatment.
You, or the person you care for, can claim if you get:
- Income Support,
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance,
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, or
- the guarantee credit part of Pension Credit.
There are also other ways to qualify for help, for example if you are under a certain age or have medical condition. See the full list of people who qualify for help with health costs in Northern Ireland on nidirect.
Next update due: June 2017