- It is important that you take care of your own health and wellbeing, even if you are busy looking after someone else's health.
- Find out more about emergencies, equipment, adaptions and telecare, and medication.
- Relationships with your partner, family and friends may be put under strain by caring. Our new online guide can offer you ways to deal with this.
- When caring ends can help you sort out some of the practical problems you may face, such as how to register a death.
- Getting a break from caring may also help you stay well.
- Contact your local carer service to see how they can help you stay healthy.
Also see Live Well on NHS Choices for help with your diet, stopping smoking, getting enough exercise, and coping with stress.
More information about conditions
There may also be other organisations that specialise in the health condition the person you are care for has. Many of these organisations also have helplines and online forums.