It's full of information to support you if you care for a family member, friend or neighbour who you think is showing signs of dementia or for someone who has already received a diagnosis.
It will help you to understand more about dementia and how to support the person you care for including:
- How to get help.
- What to expect as dementia progresses.
- Finances and legal matters.
- Your rights as a carer.
- Supporting the person you care for.
- End of life care.
- Loss and bereavement.
- Useful contact information.
Although this booklet is mainly written for carers aged 18 and over, it also contains information that maybe useful for carers who are under 18.
Download A Carers Guide to Dementia in English or Welsh
- A Carers Guide to Dementia English language version (PDF, 1,957KB).
- A Carers Guide to Dementia Welsh language version (PDF, 2,062KB.
Next update due October 2019