Carers may be able to apply for grants of up to £300 for items or activities that will benefit them in their caring role, for example for:
- Breaks for carers, with or without the person they care for.
- Items for the home including cookers, fridges, beds andwashing machines.
- Driving lessons and other travel costs relating to caring roles.
- Courses and materials to develop carers' skills and personal development.
- Home repairs.
- Short-term or time limited replacement care.
To see whether you are able to apply for a grant, contact your local carer service so they can advise you. They will need to complete an online application form on your behalf.
Please note that not all local carer services will be able to apply for a grant on your behalf. If there is no carer service near you, or there is one but they are not able to make an application on your behalf, there are also grants available from other organisations. See benevolent funds and charities that support carers.
Next update due: August 2019