If you're a carer and you find holiday time a particular strain, there is support available, whether you need it during holiday time or all year round.
- Get in touch with your nearest carer service for help and advice, whether you're new to caring or have been caring for some time.
- If you’re feeling particularly lonely, find out about support you can get to help you tackle loneliness.
- If you would like to chat to other carers online or get online support you could try an online forum.
- If finances are stretched, find out about benefits and credits that you may be able to get.
- If you find that your relationships with your partner, family and friends are under strain, there are organisations which can help.
- If you’re feeling stressed, see our guidance on dealing with stress.
- It is important that you take care of your own health and wellbeing, even if you are busy looking after someone else's health.
- Recognise that being a carer can be hard work and you might need to take a break sometimes. Find out about the different types of breaks for carers. These include holidays for carers you can take with or without the person you care for.
Next update due: April 2020