If you're a carer and you're finding Christmas a particular strain, there is support available, whether you need it during the festive season or all year round.
- Get in touch with your nearest carer service for help and advice whatever the time of year, whether you're new to caring or have been caring for some time.
- If you're finding that you’re feeling particularly lonely at this time of year, find out about support you can get to help you tackle loneliness.
- If you would like to chat to other carers online or get online support you could try an online forum.
- If finances are stretched, find out about benefits and credits that you may be able to get.
- If we have a particularly cold spell this is winter, there is help available to pay to heat your home.
- If you find that Christmas is putting your relationships with your partner, family and friends under strain, our online relationship guide for carers has guidance on ways to deal with this.
- If you’re finding yourself extra stressed at this time of year see our guidance on dealing with stress.
- It is important that you take care of your own health and wellbeing, even if you are busy looking after someone else's health.
- Recognise that being a carer can be hard work and you might need to take a break sometimes. Find out about the different types of breaks for carers.
Next review due: December 2019