Date Revised:

Are you affected by someone else’s drinking or drug use? 

Talk to someone and find support

You may find it helpful to talk to someone about the caring you do and how this affects you and the help that may be available.

Start by contacting your local carer service. They will be able to offer you a range of support and some carer services have workers that specialise in helping people who care for someone with alcohol and/or substance misuse problems. They will give you a chance to talk to someone, find practical help and join support groups. 

    Organisations that can help

    There are also lots of organisations that may be able to help you: 

    Next update due: July 2020